Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Since 4th of July is my favorite holiday, I decided to take the day off of work since it was on a Saturday. Another reason to take the day off was that my sister was visiting that weekend. That week ended up being great because we also got Friday off in observance of the holiday so I only worked two days that week!
I left early that morning and got to my parents in time to leave for the parade. We sat with the same people as usual and had a great time. After we got home, we all relaxed and sat around visiting. Jenny and I were able to get a lot done for the wedding. At one time, both of us were sitting in the living room with each of us on our own computer. Quite the comical picture! As it got later in the afternoon, we finished up getting ready for the bbq.
We had a small amount of people come over for the bbq. We had great food and we all just sat around and talked and relaxed. Halfway through the evening, I went over to the neighbors bbq to visit. I wanted to spend some more time with Robyn, who was heading back with her family to Alaska the next day. When it was time to head down to the river to watch the fireworks, I walked down with my mom and sister. We spread our blanket out and plopped ourselves down. When our neighbors got there, they ended up sitting with us too. The fireworks were great as usual! All in all it was a great holiday.

No comments: