Monday, July 20, 2009

Table decorations

I stayed pretty simple with my table decorations. I didn't want a whole bunch of things on the table that would make it hard for the guests to visit and see each other across the table. We decided to use white tablecloths that the church provided and then we rented royal blue overlays for over the tablecloths.

My mom and I had made an appointment at the place we rented everything from and we left there with a different setup then what I had pictured in my head. I knew we were going to have favor boxes and I had the idea to put them on cake plates in the middle of the tables. That way they were all centralized and it also gave some height to the table. The flowers would be placed in a vase in the middle of the plate, also adding height. So at the appointment we started playing with different ideas and setting things up so I could see it. We decided that the cake plate idea wasn't the best. One reason why was because the guests might not know that they could take the favors. The second reason being that if the favors were taken, the plate would look bare with just the vase of flowers in the middle and nothing else. So we pondered different ideas and came to the decision that we would use two different sizes of vases with three poppies and some grass in it. Even though we placed our order, I left there feeling like I had been talked into something I didn't want.

My mom and I went to a flower appointment with Chandra a week or so later and I told her about my experience. She had worked with them numerous times before and she told me to head back there and pick out what I wanted since it was my wedding. This time we just walked in instead of making an appointment which turned out to be much better. The ladies that had been there before were gone and a women let us look around the room with all their vases. She gave me suggestions but ultimately I picked what I wanted. I stayed with one of the vases and then picked an entirely different one for the second vase. I also picked out two different types of green filler to go in the bottom of the vases.

After the second time, I finally left there feeling satisfied and excited to see it all put together.

No comments: