Sunday, June 21, 2009

Found: Wedding Dress!!

Sunday, the next day after the wedding mom, Laurine and I headed up to Seattle to go wedding dress shopping. I was so excited!!!! Everything happened so suddenly with the planning of this trip and everyone I wanted there was able to come. I had made an appt at David's Bridal for Monday, but then Jenny found a cute little dress shop to go to on Sunday. We figured if I found something I could put it on hold and still go to David's Bridal.

This shop was called Cynderelli's Closet and the women who worked there were awesome. They first started out by taking measurements and getting my likes and dislikes. Then they collected dresses for me to try on and I started the exciting process. Everytime I came out of the dressing room I was able to stand up on a platform in front of a mirror and spin around for my onlookers. My fan club consisted of my mom, my sister, my Aunt Beth, my cousin Lisa and Laurine. For every dress they ooh and ahhed and Laurine took pictures.

The fourth dress I tried on I wasn't sure about when I saw it on the hanger. But I was willing to give it a try knowing I might find something I would never have thought about otherwise. The moment the dress was on, I knew it was the one. It fit like a glove and I felt amazing in it. When I walked out, my family knew right away that it was the dress. They could tell by my smile and body language and they loved the way it looked on me.

I did try some other dresses on but always came back to my favorite and had to try it on again to make sure. God was so good because it was within my price range and I was also able to get my veil there.

Now...you are probably wanting me to describe the dress to you or post a picture but where is the fun in that. I won't be giving out my secrets and you will have to wait with everyone else to see it on me at the wedding!

No comments: