Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wedding Flowers

Flowers make a big statement at a wedding and I wanted mine to be great. Ever since I could remember I have loved Poppies, especially Orange Poppies. I had always dreamed of having them at my wedding.

Chandra, a friend of my sister's who started her own business agreed to do the flowers. I knew that poppies weren't in season and I would have to have artificial ones and I was ok with that. Chandra was able to find flowers that were called real touch and you had to do a double take to make sure they weren't actually real. I decided to get them for my bouquet and for my bridesmaids. The other orange poppies I was able to find at Michael's. We even ordered more of them from the Michael's in Spokane. The flowers from Michael's were used for the boutonnieres, the cake and the table decorations.

For my bouquet, I decided on the real touch poppies and blue hydrangea. For my bridesmaids, all I wanted for them to carry was one single long stemmed poppy with some blue and orange ribbon hanging down. I wanted the orange poppy to "pop" against the blue of their dresses.

We planned to be married under a Hoopah, which in Jewish symbolizes the house and life we will share together. We created our own by buying an awning and our own fabric. We thought the fabric could be draped over the top and pool at the bottom. My dad took off the awning material and raised the whole structure so Jeremy could get under it! We rented two pompom trees and I had the idea of placing extra poppies randomly throughout them. She also created corner arrangements for the hoopah and a candle ring to go around my parents unity candle from their wedding.

I was getting excited to see everything come together on the big day!!!

No comments: