Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Engaged!!!

Wow! Oh my gosh! I can't believe that I am engaged. This is something I have looked forward to all my life and I was finally able to experience it. Jeremy was so sweet with how he asked me.

We had decided to head to Tri-Cities after both of us got off work. On the way there, he said he wanted to go for a walk down at the river and wanted to make sure we had a chance to swing on the swingset down there. I didn't think anything suspicious about wanting to go for a walk and swing. We had been down there before but didn't have a chance to swing.

We decided to go out to dinner instead of cooking and went to one of my favorite places, Inca. After dinner we headed back to my parents and just sat around relaxing and visiting. I asked Jeremy if he wanted to go for that walk and he said it wasn't the right time. We waited another 20 min and that way we would be able to catch a little bit of the sunset.

When we got to the river, we lazily walked holding hands and talked about nothing in particular. We made sure to get on the swing set right away. Of course I had a blast and swung as high as I could and giggled the whole time. He probably thought I was crazy but it was the child in me coming out! We did some more walking and then sat down at a bench. We continued talking mostly about the future and the things we wanted to do. He said he knew that he needed to get the ball rolling and officially ask me but he wanted to make it special. He had said this all before and I didn't think anything of it. He continued talking and said that tonight was that special night. I whipped my head around and all of a sudden he popped the question!!! I said yes and then couldn't catch my breath! I almost cried then I was laughing and couldn't stop smiling.

When we got back to my parents house, the rest of the night was a blur. Laurine, my mom's best friend came over, I ran to some of the neighbor's houses and I was on the phone quite a bit. I called my sister and she was so excited. I also called my aunt and she screamed for 30 seconds. There was so much excitement going on that we didn't leave until 10:30 that night.



The whole night was wonderful and I hope to never forget the details.

No comments: