Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ghostland Observatory

The day I got back from Florida, I left with my friend Mark up to Seattle for a concert. I know, crazy since I had just been on the go in Florida and sitting in a plane, but the trip was really fun! I had been looking forward to this concert and so even with lack of sleep, I was pushing onward. You are probably wondering about the name of this group, I was too in the beginning. Mark had it playing in the car on day and the more I listened the more I liked it. Its different then what I was used to, but trying new things is what its all about. They are only a two man group from Texas and they have a techno feel to them and they sound awesome!

It was great that my sister lives in Seattle and we were able to crash at her apt. We spent some time chatting with her before getting a bite to eat and heading downtown. The concert was at the Showbox near Pike Place. I had never been there before and so Mark explained to me his usual sitting place. Once inside, there are two bars on each side of the stage and we were able to snag a table right in front. We had the best view and didn't have to worry about anyone standing in front of us.

They were the only group playing that night with no one starting for them, so they didn't come on until 10:15. That was ok because Mark and I got lots of good chatting time in. The concert itself was amazing, but they also added a light and laser show. We of course didn't bring our cameras, but were able to get some good shots with our cell phones believe it or not! During the concert, Mark and I would just look at each other and nod, no words had to be exchanged for how great it was. Afterwards, Mark told me again and again that it had to be one of his favorite concerts and I had to agree. We actually got home at a decent time and were able to get some good sleep in. The next day we did some shopping downtown before heading home.

It was a great experience and if they were ever in town again, I wouldn't hesitate to get tickets. I suggest trying to listen to a couple of their songs so you have an idea of what they are about. You might not like them, or you might surprise yourself!Mark being crazy as usual!

2 comments:

pinklady said...

next time buy me a ticket so I can go with you instead of staying home like a loser and doing my laundry while you guys are out having fun! :-)

Orangelady said...

I'm sorry sis!!! How very rude of me. Yes, I think we need to find tickets to some really great concert and the two of us need to go! We should start looking right away!