Monday, December 6, 2010

CT Test

I was trained in CT at work during the month of July. It was great learning a new modality and getting to split my time between CT and x-ray.


There was a new law starting January 1, 2011 that stated if you weren't registered in modalities like CT, you would need to be re-certified every 10 years. Otherwise you would be grandfathered in and wouldn't have to worry about it.


I had to complete my list of exams that were required before I could send my paperwork off to schedule my exam. When the paperwork went through I scheduled my exam for December 6. I wanted it to be over before Christmas so I could enjoy the holiday.


Life was a little stressful with being pregnant and having to force myself to study whenever I had the chance. I really had to discipline myself to focus. Brittany, a fellow coworker and I studied a couple of times and I was feeling pretty good. However the test was way harder then I thought and I just wanted it to be over as soon as it began.


I wasn't feeling very confident when I pressed the submit button but lo and behold I did pass and that was all that mattered. Now I could move on and put the studying behind me. Such a relief!

No comments: