Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day with Carla

After our trip to Montana, we decided to stop in Coeur d'Alene and spend Mother's Day with Carla.

Most of the day was spent relaxing and visiting. At one point, we all got talking about when Jeremy and his brother were little and the racing they did. Then the conversation shifted to mopeds and we decided to start Jerry's up and take a couple of rides around the block.

I laughed so hard when I saw big, tall Jeremy on this little moped! Then Jerry got an even smaller bike out and he looked rediculous!! Carla and I took some cute pictures of the "boys" racing and some with Lilly.

They started putting them away when they asked if I wanted to ride one. I had never been on one and thought I might as well do it! Jeremy was a little hesitant but how much trouble could I get myself into when Jerry made we wear a huge helmet. I had a blast and only when up and down the block a couple of times. My turns were not smooth at all and really made me look like a beginner.

Later that night we took Carla out for dinner at a great pizza place. Since it was Mother's Day they gave everyone chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. The guys weren't interested which was fine for Carla and I, since we then ate two a piece!! I know Carla is a kindred spirit when she wore the chocolate just as well as I did!!!
As usual it was great spending time with Jerry and Carla.

No comments: