Friday, October 9, 2009

Day before the wedding

Us girls woke up at a decent time at Karen's and quickly got ready. We decided instead of breakfast to run into Starbucks for coffee and little goodies. I got my favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte and a pumpkin scone to go with it! Yummy!

Then we made our way over to our nail appointment right down the road. Having pedicures was a must for all of us and I was still debating about getting my nails worked on. Pedicures are always a little slice of heaven and I enjoyed every minute of it! It was even better with picking out the best orange color that I loved! As I was nearing completion, I did decide to have my nails cut and painted so they would look good when I had pictures taken of my hands with the ring on it. Andrea and I had our nails worked on together and were able to chat while having them done. After our appointment, we decided to have lunch somewhere and walked a couple of doors down to the Pita Pit.

After we were finished with lunch, we headed to the church to start decorating. We were given clearance to get the decorating done the day before. We were very thankful for that so the next day could be more relaxed. We had a lot of people there helping including my aunt B and uncle Ed, all the bridemaids and my family. Chandra, our flower lady was also able to be there. Jeremy showed up a little later with his brother and not long after that his mom Carla and Jerry.

With so many people helping, we were able to get it done pretty quickly. We had people split up and some stayed in the sanctuary to help and others went to the reception room to decorate. My sister headed to the reception room as my liazon. She knew exactly what I wanted and how I wanted the tables to look. I wasn't too picky and knew they would look good. I bounced back and forth checking in to see how everything was coming along. It didn't take us very long, of course it helped that I didn't have too many decorations and made it pretty simple.

For the sanctuary, my parents had bought an awning for us to get married under. My dad had added extenders to increase the height so Jeremy could fit underneath! Then we found some off-white material and draped it over the awning and pooled it by each side on the floor. We had a little table set up towards the back of the awning where the communion would be held. We put on a tablecloth, had my parents original unity candle with a newly made candle ring of flowers around it and our blue goblet that my mom's friend Melody had etched our names into. We gathered some artificial trees from around the church and placed them around the awning for color. We were able to find a couple of trees with orange leaves that went along with the color scheme. We placed two small pom pom trees in front of each side of the awning and Chandra made them poppy trees by sticking cut off poppy flowers in them. I loved them! Chandra also made two flower arrangements that she hooked onto the front two corners of the awning.

I was especially happy about how the tables for the reception turned out. The church provided white tablecloths and then we rented royal blue overlays. In the middle of the table we put a silver charger plate and a vase with poppies. There were two different vases I picked out that were placed on every other table. I also picked out two different types of filler for the vases. Half had broken green glass and the other half had rounded green stones. Three poppies were put in each vase with green grass for filler. One day while mom and I had been at Paper Factory, we saw these blue mini chinese take out boxes on sale. We loved them and bought a bunch of them. Those boxes were put at everyone's place at the table. We decided to fill them with our favorite candy, so half the box were peanut m&m's and the other half were sour patch kids. My sister made cute tags that read, "These are a few of our favorite things" I wanted the favors to be something the guests could take home and not just toss away in the garbage and I knew no one could throw away candy!

A table was set up off in one corner for the cake. The cake wasn't a big deal to me and I was having a simple two-tiered cake made and then several different kinds of sheetcakes that could be easily cut up for the guests. My mom's friend Melody also etched two other glasses with our names and the date for us to drink during the toasts and they were placed on the table as well. Numerous other tables were put up on one side of the room closest to the kitchen for the food to be set up on. We had our food catered from Fiesta Mexican Restaurant and would also have a lady there making fresh tortillas with a salsa bar.

After everything was checked over, it was time to start the rehearsal. Jenny, our coordinator slowly took us through each step and made sure to answer any questions. We figured out exactly where we were to stand during each part of the ceremony. She even made it easier for us by putting colored dot stickers on the floor that no one else could see! Dan Porter was our music man and the rehearsal gave us a chance to go through it and play the songs at the right points. It was great to hear it all coming together and it made me that much more excited about the next day and the real deal! We went through the ceremony a couple of times until everyone felt comfortable.

Now it was time to eat! We took off for Round Table where we had reserved their party room. We started ordering all different kinds of pizza and breadsticks to be made. While those were getting ready, those who wanted salad went to the salad bar. Once the pizzas started arriving, everyone just sat back and relaxed and visited with each other. We spent a couple of hours there and then people started heading home.

Jeremy headed back to stay the night in Hermiston and I was staying at my parents. As I kissed him goodbye, I told him the next time he would see me I would be walking down the aisle!!







No comments: