Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Breakdown

So here it is the middle of September and the wedding is getting closer and closer. I really tried to keep calm and collected but I started getting stressed out about making sure everything was taken care of. Jeremy kept telling me to not worry about things and just go with the flow. I tried but I got caught up in the moment and started losing it before I could stop myself.

My breakdown came at the end of two very power packed days of appts. I had to get these appts in on my days off which only left mondays and tuesdays. Monday had been crazy with my mom and I scrambling all over town to make it to four different appts. We were literally running all day long and then I rushed back to Hermiston so I could watch Jeremy bowl in his league.

Tuesday proved to be another busy day and this time Jeremy decided to make the trip with me to Tri-Cities. As the day progressed I became more and more stressed and agitated. I wasn't a very nice person and the littlest things were setting me off. The drive home to Hermiston was not good with Jeremy. He tried to talk to me and see what he could do for me but nothing seemed to be helping.

Finally I broke down with him and started crying. I apologized for how I had been acting and for letting everything get to me and being stressed. He assured me he still loved me and we would get through this together. He offered to help me with whatever I needed and suggested I hand off things to people who were more then willing to help me.

I had been trying to do it all on my own but discovered that it only made things worse. I guess I just needed someone to be stern with me and tell me that this is the way it is going to be! That very next day I wrote out a list of everything that needed to be done or checked on. I called my mom and told her I needed help. She was more then willing to step in and I gave her a list of things to work on. After getting off the phone with her, I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I felt like now I could enjoy the rest of the planning and look forward to my wedding instead of dreading it. Haha!

No comments: