Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

I was excited this year for New Years Eve. My friend Rachelle and I had decided to go to the bowling alley for their Monte Carlo night. We didn't feel like going out with all the crowds and we know we always have fun bowling. Dinner was included and they made some excellent prime rib. We were put into groups and then they started explaining what we would be doing. I had never done Monte Carlo before and to tell you the truth was lost most of the night! They had a paper that described the ways you could win, but it was hard to figure out. They had colored pins and you could win money if knocked down certain pins or left certain ones standing up. They had an MC who walked around teasing with people and helped let you know if you had a chance at winning money on your lane. It wasn't what I had expected, but Rachelle and I made the best of it. I did end up winning $10 though! Of course, they made a big deal about it turning midnight and passed out noisemakers. We had thought we would go out after bowling, but both of us were really tired and just wanted to sleep!
Right before midnight

We did make the holiday more exciting before the evening even started. We had been talking about this for a couple of weeks and just spontaneously decided to go through with it and not tell anyone until afterwards. After Rachelle got off work at 4:30, we drove down to Tri-Cities and had our noses pierced!!! I watched Rachelle get hers done first and still went through with mine. There was only a little sting and my eye watered up briefly, but other then that it was fine. The next couple of days my nose was pretty sore. I still love it everytime I see it and when it sparkles throughout the day. I told my sister about it and sent her a picture. She loved it and couldn't wait to see it in person. I decided not to tell my parents and waited for them to notice it. They were pretty cool with it, so I was glad about that. Most people didn't notice it and we were so bummed. People thought we already had one since a lot of people have them nowadays. Now I'm so used to it that someone will mention it to me and I will almost forget that I have one! When my dad noticed it, he asked why I did it and I said I wanted to. It was as simple as that, just because! Isn't it so cute!!!

1 comment:

pinklady said...

I do love it! you two look adorable.