Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas


Christmas was a little different this year for me. I didn't have to physically go into work, but I was on call. Starting at 7am that morning until 3:30pm, I was on backup for the tech who was working. When they got off I was on call the rest of the day until 7am the next morning. Needless to say, I couldn't go anywhere for the holiday. It actually worked out just fine because the weather had been awful and tons of snow had been dumped making traveling anywhere iffy.

My parents and I talked about it and came up with a plan. They came down Christmas Eve and we made the tradional Clam Chowder. They spent the night and we fixed breakfast in the morning. We took some to Andrea, who had to work that day. We opened gifts, spent time relaxing and then they left about 1pm to head back home.
Christmas Eve Clam Chowder dinner

Random pic of mom and I

My dad and I in our black hats

I only got called in about 3 times which wasn't too bad. When Andrea got home from work, we were able to eat our snack foods we had bought. Then we took our time opening our gifts to each other and didn't get interrupted by me having to go to the hospital. Even though I rather would have traveled somewhere and had all the family together, the holiday wasn't too bad.Sparkling cider

New Jewelry

New earrings

1 comment:

pinklady said...

ho, ho, ho, merry christmas. we didn't get to see each other but the weather was pretty sucky this year. oh well, at least there are things like phones! :)