Monday, December 15, 2008

Moving to a new apt

Towards the end of last year, my friend Andrea and I had been talking about moving into a two bedroom apt together. She is wanting to go back to school and it would save both of us money. I talked to my apt manager right away to put the bug in her ear. We were thinking it might be another 3 or 4 months before one came available. However, we were able to move into one in the middle of December! It came open so suddenly, that I didn't get myself ready and had to pack at the last minute. Of course, it didn't help that I got bronchitis during that time and had to put packing on hold. We were so glad we were able to get moved in before Christmas and somewhat get things organized. The apt has been wonderful! It's great having two bedrooms and two bathrooms. We decided that I would pay a bigger half of the rent to help her save more money. So because of that, I got the bigger bedroom with two closets and an attached bathroom! She said she didn't have enough clothes to fill up two closets, I don't seem to have a problem! Haha! Even though we both were used to living on our own, it's great knowing someone else is home. We also made sure to talk about our schedules before the move. We both knew we were involved in different things and have different friends. So sometimes we only see each other at work in passing when we have plans for after work and don't see each other. She is an early to bed person and I love being up late so sometimes we don't see each other a lot at night. There are some differences, but we have a lot in common and have had some great heart to heart talks. So far everything is going great!

1 comment:

pinklady said...

I love that girl andrea! she is hilarious just like you. I'm so glad you decided to move in together and are having so much fun.