Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jeremy the softball fanatic!

Jeremy loves being busy and being involved with sports.

Not long after he was done coaching baseball at the high school in Umatilla, the softball season started for the competitive co-ed team he plays on.

Of course, I went to show support and cheer him on. The schedule ended up being double headers on Monday nights. Gradually I was asked to help keep the book and I really liked doing that. It helped me pay attention more to the game and I got to know more of the players. I had a great time joking around and visiting with everyone.

It was a competitive league they were playing on and sometimes things got a little heated. It was hard for me to understand that since I'm not competitive and really it was just a softball game. Sometimes my thinking didn't go over so well! Haha!

In addition to the league games there were also some competitions on the weekends. One of those was called the Watermelon Festival and it's held in Irrigon, OR every year at the end of July. I was able to be there both Saturday and Sunday to watch the team play and visit with everyone. It was mighty hot and I wasn't the smartest about putting sunblock on and got myself a nice shade of red. Oops!

The team really had a good time even though they only won two games. The rest of the time was spent having our own batting practice, playing volleyball and just sitting around talking and laughing.

The other competition is held in La Grande, OR and it's called Moonlight. The reason for the name being that the games are played all night long regardless of the time. Jeremy was able to ride down there with some teammates. Unfortunately I had to work and was on call and couldn't make the trip down there.

Their first game was at 10pm on that Friday night. They lost that one and then played again the next morning and won that game. The next game wasn't until 3pm on Saturday but they lost that game and ended up being out of the running. They could have come home that night but since Jeremy rode with other people he had to wait until the next day. It worked out fine though since I was on call and wasn't home that much that night anyway.

The softball season has come to a close for the year. We will see what next year brings with the new baby and our schedule.

1 comment:

pinklady said...

your husband is not just a softball fanatic, I think it's safe to say he is simply a SPORTS FANATIC! :) he loves everything to do with every sport all the time.