Saturday, June 19, 2010

Telling parents about baby

Now the deliberation began on how and when we would tell our family. I kind of wanted to wait until I was further along and I had been to the doctor but my first appt wasn't for another 6 weeks and that was way too long to wait.

Finally after talking it over we decided that we were too excited and wanted to be able to tell people. Jeremy had a softball tournament coming up that Saturday after finding out and he started cooking up a plan.

He was able to get his mom and stepdad Jerry to come down for the day on Saturday to watch him play softball and then come to the house for dinner after I got off work. My parents made it down to watch a couple of games and then came back that night for dinner.

Since it was the day before Father's Day, we gave the dad's cards and then put the giftbag with the baby bib in front of my dad. One of the best parts was that the moms weren't suspecting anything since the focus was on the dads. My dad opened up the bag and slowly unwrapped the bib from the tissue paper. When he finally saw what it was, he immediately looked up at me and said, "Are you serious?!" Now that got the moms attention and they asked what was going on. I burst out in a huge smile and said, "Yep I am pregnant!"

Carla, my mother-in-law started crying and my mom just turned and stared at me like she didn't believe it was really happening. Jerry looked pretty excited about a new baby in the family too.

Then my dad took a picture of the bib on his cell phone and sent it to my sister. She was really stoked about the baby and becoming an aunt!

The rest of the night flew by with everyone visiting and talking nonstop about the new baby.

No comments: