Monday, April 19, 2010

Fixing up the front yard

Spring has finally sprung!!

Jeremy and I have been waiting for the weather to turn warmer and our tax money to get here. Well...both have arrived and you know what that means, working on the outside of the house. I was put in charge of the front yard and boy did my mom and I have a blast!

We had a great time shopping and buying plants and pots and brick. Mom came down two different days to help work in the yard. I pulled a dead tree out of a circle island in the yard and cut out grass to make the island bigger. I put in brick along the front flower border and around the expanded island as a mowing strip to help cut the grass easier. We planted flowers in pots and placed them on the porch. Then we planted all of our numerous flowers everywhere in the border and island!!! Then we added the finishing touch by putting bark around.
Now everything looks so bright and colorful when you drive up to the house.

No comments: