Friday, May 15, 2009

Meeting mom

So earlier this week, I was able to meet Jeremy's mom Carla for the first time. She lives in Idaho and came down for an overnight stay. She came to visit with him and also to meet me. I was a little nervous, but once I started talking with her all the nervousness went away. She was very easy to talk with and we had a great time. We talked a little bit at Jeremy's and then decided to go to lunch. We had already driven through Hermiston without picking a place and just decided to continue on to Tri-Cities early. Our plan was to head to Tri-Cities later that afternoon and have dinner with my parents. When I called to say that we were on the way there my mom freaked out because she hadn't had a chance to run her errands yet. She was going to meet us for lunch but said she would see us at home so she could get her stuff done. After lunch we headed to my parents house and my dad happened to be home for lunch. He was able to meet her and we sat around and talked until my mom got home. The afternoon was pretty lazy which was nice. I helped my mom get dinner prepped so we could relax. Then my mom and his mom sat out on the swing and visited while Jeremy and I went to get coffee for everyone. Dinner was wonderful and afterwards we played a couple of games of Farkel. All in all, the visit was great and I'm glad she was also able to meet my parents. I had to go to work the next day but Jeremy and his mom were able to visit before he headed to work. He told me later that they talked about me and my parents and she said how much she liked us!! Hopefully Jeremy and I can make a trip sometime this summer to Idaho to visit her.

No comments: