Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lori's Wedding

I left the family vacation a day early so I could head back to Tri-Cities and go to a wedding. The wedding was for my friend Lori who I went through the x-ray program with. I was very excited to go because people from school were going to be there and a lot of them I hadn't seen since we had graduated a year ago.

Since I was on the Oregon coast, I was able to get a ride back with my friend Chelsie who lives in the Portland area. We got into town pretty early and had lunch with Leah and Jesse and then met up with another friend at the mall. Then we headed back to Chelsie's parents house to get dressed. You should have seen four girls all trying to get ready at the same time!

I think one of the funniest things that happened was the thunderstorm we got caught in. Right when we got there, we heard this huge clap of thunder. Not soon after we sat down, it started raining and then pouring huge elephant sized drops. They passed out umbrellas and people went running for cover. All of us from school huddled together under the umbrellas and waited out the storm. Mind you this was no normal storm with the amount of water that fell from the sky and the thunder that shook the ground. All of us were pretty much soaked and every time someone turned slightly, water would go down someones back! We had a great time laughing and finally not caring how wet we were. They announced that they would wait 20 min to see if the storm would pass otherwise they would go ahead with the wedding, rain or shine!! Thankfully it did stop and ended up turning out beautiful.
It was so great to see everyone from class. About half of the class made it, which was about 14 people. Lori was so excited to see all of us and gave us all hugs over and over again. We were able to catch up to see if everyone had jobs, did they like where they worked and where they were living. We all called it an early night, but not without promising to keep in touch. Chelsie, Jesse and I headed back to Chelsie's parents and ended up playing Rockband and having a blast! Haha!Leah, Chelsie and Cecelia blowing bubbles

Chelsea and Leah

Chelsie and I

Jesse and I

Who needs a wedding ring!

1 comment:

pinklady said...

the picture of you guys under the umbrellas is hilarious! too bad you all got wet but thankfully it blew over quickly so the show could go on!