Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we headed up to Coeur d'Alene for Thanksgiving. We didn't know if this would be the last time we would see Carla and wanted to spend as much time with her as we could. Jeremy's brother James was also able to make it for the holiday.
With all the boys there, I decided I was going to try my hand at making the full meal deal. I have always just helped my mom or someone else with cooking, I've never had it all on my shoulders.
I bought everything at the store and brought it with us. I had everything planned out and had asked my mom for any advice she could give. I planned on getting up in the morning and slowly getting things ready with a finish time in sight. Jeremy and James would be available to watch Aaron so I could be working in the kitchen.
However, we didn't plan on Carla being in the hospital. She hadn't felt very good after chemo and was pretty dehydrated. We stopped by the hospital on the way into town to say hello and check in on her. She was able to be released Thanksgiving morning and Jeremy, James and Jerry went to go pick her up. Thank goodness Aaron took a nap for a few hours so I was able to work in the kitchen.

Overall I did pretty good with dinner only being an hour late. I got several compliments and we had lots of leftovers to eat on.

We were able to visit with Carla the next day for a little bit. She came out and sat on the couch watching tv. She loved on Aaron a little bit and ate some leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: