Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cannon Beach 2011



We weren't sure if we would be able to go to both Montana and the beach this year, but we were able to fit it in. We had planned to leave Sunday morning but when I got home from work Saturday night, Jeremy mentioned us leaving that night. I kind of brushed the comment off and didn't think he was being serious. He mentioned it again and I asked if he meant it. He said he was wide awake and if we drove through the night, Aaron would sleep the whole time and I could sleep as well. So I got into action and finished packing things up and we left the house about 10:30pm.




I dozed off and on while Jeremy drove and listened to music. Going through Portland was a breeze in the middle of the night. Jeremy tried to drag out the trip so we would pull up at the beach house just a little before my parents woke up but we ended up getting there about 4am. We parked outside and reclined our seats back and tried to get some sleep. It wasn't very comfortable and then Aaron woke up and needed changed. Jeremy took a picture of the front of the house and sent it to my moms phone. When they didn't answer, he sent another one and finally we saw them looking out the window. They were so surprised and excited to see us.
It was great showing the ocean to Aaron for the first time. He didn't even flinch when we put his feet in the cold water for the first time. Our time there was spent walking through shops in town, catching some waves, eating pizza at my favorite place, buying ice cream cones, spending time with mom and dad, getting pictures and eating s'mores at the bonfires.



No comments: