Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Boat Races


This year I decided that I wanted to go to the boat races. I had been to them before, but never the whole weekend. Rachelle, a friend from work had never been and so we decided to go all out and experience it. We bought tickets with special seating and had a blast. Some guys from the surgery department at the hospital where I work had tickets in the same area as us. It was fun to hang out with them and I learned a lot about the races and the boats from them too. Of course one of my favorite parts is the airshow with the jets that fly over! The temperature was fairly nice and wasn't as extremely hot as it has been in the past. We did still get burned because apparently I think I am too cool for sunblock! Haha! Sunday was a pretty warm day and we were even able to dunk in the river once. All in all the weekend was a winner!

1 comment:

pinklady said...

sounds like you guys had loads of fun! glad it wasn't unbearably hot but hot enough to dip in the river. that's the best!